Saturday, June 26, 2010

Book Review by Patty

Here are Patty's comments from her Book Review of Back to the Homeplace at: Broken Teepee:


"I am not sure how I feel about 1987 being "in the past." But I guess it was inevitable that a time period I consider my not so distant past would start being the Olden Times. Not really but this slightly historical novel takes place in the '80ies on a homestead in Missouri. A homestead that has been in the family for generations.  The matriarch has died and her will is just a touch unusual to say the least.

All four of the children want the spread, The Homeplace, but for very different reasons. Aaaah, but according to the will no one can have it until they have ALL lived there for 2 years. Just imagine! Uprooting your life and the life of your family for two years. Could you do it? Could you do it and live with your siblings and THEIR families?

This was a very thought provoking book as the family copes with secrets and lies as they try to deal with the limits put in place by the will. The characters are well developed and the plot keeps you guessing. There is nothing like a twist you never see coming! I was left with the feeling that I want to spend more time with these people. That's the kind of book I like to read."

 To see the full review, please visit here. I love the lead photo on her blog!!  ;-)

"May each of us have a Homeplace to hold onto, if only in our minds."

Bill ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment