Wednesday, April 5, 2017

What Reviewers have said...


What Reviewers have said...

" ‘Back to the Homeplace’ is a beautiful story of family. I love family sagas and stories about family secrets. Hence this book was a perfect read for me... I could easily identify with the characters. If you've ever had a big family, you would totally relate to them. Every character was so real. Their emotions, their problems were very realistically presented. Each character was so well-defined that I felt like I knew them."
Misha Mathew, "My Love Affair With Books" blog

"This family tree has some branches that do not always seem to come from the same roots. When the limbs are shaken, some surprises fall out. But despite themselves, most members persevere, grow on their new home sites, or return to their former lives to reassess themselves or make peace."
Jack L. Kennedy, Joplin Independent

"This very intimate story of one family, and how they manage to stick together through the thick and thin of every day life, is one story you won't want to miss!”
Cyndi Beane Henry "Texicanwife" - from review on Amazon.com

"The characters seem very down to earth and real, with problems that we all face, I found it interesting that a few were addicted to Diet Coke, and would make trips to Walmart to purchase it, for me it doesn't get any more real than that! The descriptions of the birds, landscape and the Homestead in general were so vivid that it is easy to visualize it, and at one point when the author describes a vee of Canadian Geese flying overhead, I could just imagine hearing them honk."
Brenda Casto - from review on Amazon.com

"This is honestly one of the best stories about a family saga that I have read in some time. I also found out that there will be a sequel, which is going straight on my wish list. It's a high-ranking recommendation from me!"
Missy W - from review on Amazon.com

"The concept, the times, the settings were all intriguing."
Laurel-Rain Snow - from review on Amazon.com

"The families are realistic with normal family dynamics, and it is easy to care about what happens to them. The reader understands how each character's personality - the temperamental one, the team players, the loner - influences their role on the property."
L. Brandau - from review on Amazon.com

"I thought this book had an amazing storyline. I started reading it and really couldn't put it down. One of my favorite things about the book was the news blurbs at the beginning of each chapter. I was only 9 in 1987 so I loved seeing what t.v. shows were on and what music was big! It brought back a lot of memories from my youth… The characters were very real in this book. The way their lives all twisted together was captivating. The trials they faced were all very real."
Book Loving Mommy - from review on Amazon.com



4 comments: